1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Travellers and Gypsies

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by goobylou, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I am doing a lesson on travellers and gypsies (of the circus) for KS2 children and was thinking of doing hot seating - pretending to be a circus traveller. What sort of questions could I prompt the children to ask - I already have the basics - what do yoy like about it etc - but was wondering whether anyone one had any good ideas? Thanks in advance

2. Gypsies and Travellers deserve a capital 'G' for Gypsies and 'T' for Travellers if you are referring to Irish Travellers. They are ethnic groups like the English.
    There are hardly any Irish Traveller circus folk and very few Gypsy ones either and they would be from Eastern Europe and called Roma.
    Circus people do travel but are not Travellers or even travellers in the nomadic sense.
    Maybe decide whether you want to do a lesson on Gypsies, Travellers or Circus people ?

Good Luck