1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Travel in retirement

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by s.corlett, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I guess we all have activities and dreams that have been postponed until retirement 'when we have lots of time to...' What are / were yours and have you managed to achieve them? Of course, with retirement comes a lower income and the risk of deteriorating health...or are you all feeling healthier than ever before?
    For me, the wish for continued travel is very strong. Hence spending the redundancy money on a tiny campervan. (Wise or foolish? Time will tell.)

2. I think that is a great idea- I had a very tiny one many years ago and would love to do it again privided the mpg was not too low. What van are you getting?

3. oops provided

4. ljr

ljr New commenter

My OH has to wait another 18months before he retires, then we are off - in a caravan (courtesy of my lump sum).
    We want to explore the British coastline, drive through France & down to Italy, and maybe get down to Southern Spain for the winter. We have just returned from our measly 2 weeks annual holiday in France and met up with so many retired British couples who have been abroad since April! They are having a ball & I can't wait to join them.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Bought the wet wipes and dry shampoo this am and we're off to Latitude on Thursday. Yes I know it's raining now but it will stop. Hope to cycle along the Great Glen later in the year - well, cycle bits of it at least.

6. Have fun everyone!