1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Travel Allowance for PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Boosid, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me if we are legitimately allowed to claim a travel allowance from the Student Loans Council for PGCE Primary as we are on placement for a substantial proportion of the year?
    I live in London and will be starting at Goldsmiths in September. All my placements will be in London so I will be buying the same travel card as if I was attending the Uni campus but on the SLC forms it says there may be an allowance for travel if there are large sections of the course on placement.
    Anyone know about this?

2. Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me if we are legitimately allowed to claim a travel allowance from the Student Loans Council for PGCE Primary as we are on placement for a substantial proportion of the year?
    I live in London and will be starting at Goldsmiths in September. All my placements will be in London so I will be buying the same travel card as if I was attending the Uni campus but on the SLC forms it says there may be an allowance for travel if there are large sections of the course on placement.
    Anyone know about this?

3. MathsWhizz91

MathsWhizz91 New commenter

Hmmm Im not sure. Im starting at Greenwich too in September, but I assumed that it would be down to us to pay for the travel, seeing as we are receiving a maintenance loan etc... not totally sure what the situation is on travel expenses are tbh. xx