1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

travel agent literacy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by apples21, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Hi I am a year 2 teacher and we have ofsted coming this term and like most schools we are have olympics as our theme. I have set up a travel agents as my role play area and was hoping to do literacy linked with this, and have only come up with making a holiday brochure page so if anyone has any other ideas or plans they have used I would be sooooo grateful
    thanks

2. Hi I am a year 2 teacher and we have ofsted coming this term and like most schools we are have olympics as our theme. I have set up a travel agents as my role play area and was hoping to do literacy linked with this, and have only come up with making a holiday brochure page so if anyone has any other ideas or plans they have used I would be sooooo grateful
    thanks

3. I have done this in Year 1 so ideas may need stepping up a bit but we did:
    • Advert writing for holidays to Traditional Tale settings, i.e. advertising a giant's castle, a gingerbread house, a trip to an enchanted land
    • Postcards using picture prompts - great for setting writing
    • Lots of speaking and listening as different customers, phone messages, form filling
    • Customers writing a list of questions about a destination and the travel agent finding the answers using information books.
    • Recounts and reviews of past holidays - in the style of Trip Adviser
    • Instructions for packing, travelling
    • Direction using a map.
    • Stories that start with a trip to the travel agent
    Hope that helps!