1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transport topic - Baking activity ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by dantine, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hi everyone I am starting the topic of transport but need excitieg ideas for baking activites any ideas would be welcomed thanks xxx

2. hey, i just recently finished a transport theme activity, i made several colours of playdough with the children then we moulded the playdough into tyres, windows, lights, involving talk about shapes, oreintation, sequencing, size variation, colour mixing..lots and lots..you can also bake the models if you use another type of dough and also biscuit dough....
    hope this helps
    good luck
    x[​IMG]

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

There are a couple of recipes for traffic light biscuits here:
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=65795
    If you look at space travel, then you can make rock cakes and call them moon rocks.
    Bananas and celery sticks are both easy to decorate and turn into boats or cars, but that doesn't really involve much cooking.
    http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/all-terrain-vehicle-86937.aspx
    You can always use a standard recipe eg for biscuits or scones, and cut them out using (well washed) playdough transport cutters.

4. Have you tried cheese and marmite tyres! puff pastry rolled out then spread marmite over the pastry then sprinkle cheese on. Roll up and cut so when you lie them down the look like wheels. Oh and they need to cook for a while as well [​IMG] You can put jam or chocolate spread in.

5. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Some of my kids made traffic light themed food when we were doing Transport and Road Safety.
    The traffic light biscuits were good - rectangular biscuits with circular boiled sweets for the lights.
    Another child made traffic lights with coloured bell peppers (can't remember how now - sorry!)