1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transport from Glasgow city centre to Jordanhill

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by jhall15, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hello can anyone give me any advice on the easiest and cheapest way to travel to Jordanhill during term time?

I have noticed the university puts on a shuttle bus service, but if I was to get transport myself, is the public bus or train the best option? Are the transport links good out to Jordanhill?

Thanks

Judith

2. Hello can anyone give me any advice on the easiest and cheapest way to travel to Jordanhill during term time?

I have noticed the university puts on a shuttle bus service, but if I was to get transport myself, is the public bus or train the best option? Are the transport links good out to Jordanhill?

Thanks

Judith

3. really easy! Theres a train that goes often from Central Station. Or if you get the subway to Partick you can get a train from the upstairs station to Jordanhill station. From there it's about 10 mins walk to campus. I'm sure there's buses but never used them in Glasgow yet. Trains are about £1.20 return I think .
    I'm studying at Jordanhill starting August to, Studying secondary Computing, which subject you studying?

4. If you go to Central Station Low Level you can get a train to eitherJordanhill or Anniesland Stations. Both are about 10 minutes walk to the centre of the campus. Alternatively you can get the number 26 bus from Hope Street (Bus Stop opposite the main entrance to Central where you find all the taxis). The bus drops you just opposite the campus gate and takes about 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

5. seebee86

seebee86 New commenter

I thought number 44 goes to Jordanhill from hope street!