1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transitioned from primary to secondary - any advice/resources/courses etc.?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MrsBurton1981, Jul 13, 2019.

1. MrsBurton1981

MrsBurton1981 New commenter

Hi everyone. I have just got a job returning to secondary music teaching. It’s only one day a week teaching mostly Year 7 and one Year 8 class. I am an experienced musician, but obviously having been in primary for a long time, I am feeling slightly out of the loop.
    I have a fellow music teacher, but before I meet with them, are there any good resources/websites people could recommend?
    I’m obviously looking for resource for the children, but also for me for getting back into knowing what OFSTED are looking for etc. and general expectations.

I really would like to go back into this and want to get more experience of GCSE and A Level teaching too. Any advice/courses etc. Would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

2. WelshMags

WelshMags New commenter

Hi,
    I have been in the same position this year. I have used Musical Contexts for which there is a one off subscription - it was a life-saver. There is also a KS3 Music Group on Facebook where loads of help and advice is given.