1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

transition y6-y7

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hawaii, Dec 14, 2011.

1. hawaii

hawaii New commenter

I am currently renewing our transition units for our school and the secondary school. Does anyone have any ideas of inspiring texts to use in both Year 6 and for Year 7s. I have been told to start completely from scratch as our previous units have lost momentum and im trying to inject a bit of excitement into the last term. Any help would be greatly appreciated x

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You'd do better to contact your neighbouring Secondaries as this will affect them too. They might have some suggestions about texts they'd like to use.

3. hawaii

hawaii New commenter

The secondary school said they are doing biography so i can stick with this or create something new and they are happy to sample it! Any ideas?

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Quick thoughts on biography
    Boy by Roald Dahl (autiobiography) & they're probably so familiar with his work, could revisit their favourite too?
    Diary of Anne Frank with links to WW2

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I assume you have been doing the transition unit which has Kensuke's Kingdom and the Butterfly Lion?
    Are you aware that there is an alternative unit which is fully resourced?
    This link takes you to Luton's Learning site. It has links at the top of the box to both transition units and also has one of it's own called 'WebQuest Adventure 223' - links for this are at the very top of the page.
    http://www.learning.luton.gov.uk/15.cfm?s=15&m=817&p=427,view_resource&start=16&kw=&el=4,5,6,7,8,9,10&sc=1,2&id=5690