1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition Point 3 (CEDP)

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by TJD, Jul 24, 2008.

1. TJD

TJD

Hi everyone!

I've just finished my NQT year but due to everything that has been going on this half-term, I've not managed to completed Transition Point 3 in my CEDP.

My NQT mentor has signed the final tern form to say I've passed the induction year and this has been sent to my LA. He didn't even mention my CEDP at our final (2-minute!) meeting.

Do we have to complete TP3, or is it going to be a waste of time that will never see the light of day again?

Congratulaions to everyone who has passed their NQT year, and good luck to all those who are starting their induction year in September.

2. TJD

TJD

Hi everyone!

I've just finished my NQT year but due to everything that has been going on this half-term, I've not managed to completed Transition Point 3 in my CEDP.

My NQT mentor has signed the final tern form to say I've passed the induction year and this has been sent to my LA. He didn't even mention my CEDP at our final (2-minute!) meeting.

Do we have to complete TP3, or is it going to be a waste of time that will never see the light of day again?

Congratulaions to everyone who has passed their NQT year, and good luck to all those who are starting their induction year in September.

3. I completed mine with the help of the prompting questions on line at dfes. Nobody cares what you do with TP3 but it is a useful tool for prompting reflection of your NQT year and helps you set goals for next year. It is for you and your benefit so do it and keep it as part of your CEPD. After all as professionals we are supposed to be relective practitioners. I produced mine at my final review with my induction tutor if only to get a dig in as to how unhelpful my dept was during my NQT year.

4. Hi yah

Can you at all help me im right now struggling with my one and my tutor said it needs to be handed in ASAP or else. Can you at all send me a copy so i can have a look at it? (Transition point 3)

I would really appreciate it?