1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition from Secondary to Primary

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Dotty100, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Dotty100

Dotty100 New commenter

I am currently in secondary education teaching IT and business. I have been a Head of Faculty and I am currently a Head of Year. I started my working life as a nursery nurse (many years ago) before I got my degree in IT and moved onto secondary teaching. I am really interested in moving from secondary into preschool / KS1. Has anyone done this? How do I start the transition? Can’t seem to find that much information on moving from secondary to primary. Thanks

2. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

There have been plenty of threads on here about just such a move - you can use the search facility to find them.
    The key thing is making yourself attractive to heads. How will you show them that you are a better choice than someone who has been trained for and has experience of EYFS and/or KS1? Do you have any experience of working with your feeder primaries? Maybe look at opportunities to do more of this - either going down there and getting involved or inviting children to come up to the secondary school and take part in activities you have organised.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Just apply for posts and make yourself sound irresistible.
    Done.

Dotty100 and Vince_Ulam like this.