1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition from primary to secondary school - UK

Discussion in 'Primary' started by joeymuffin, Oct 25, 2019.

1. joeymuffin

joeymuffin New commenter

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help....

I am currently looking into the transition literature in the UK to explore pupil views regarding primary - secondary transition. Is there any legal framework/statutory responsibility for this to be done, or is this down to best practice between schools?

Any signposting would be greatly appreciated!

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

As far as I know there isn't any.

3. janewilce

janewilce New commenter

Hi Joey,

I have just come across your post from October and would be interested if you found anything. I am also looking into transition literature in the UK as part of research project and so far, haven't found any central policy or guidance around this.

I would be grateful if you could share anything you have found and happy to discuss the topic.

Thanks.

Jane.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Having been in Year 6 for several years now, I've never come across any legal framework for the way transition is managed. I think it's down to schools and LAs. Also very interested in anything you found out.