1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

transition from ks2 to ks3

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by laura1406, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hi

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas to share on how they smooth the transition from ks2 to ks3? do you go to the primary schools for an afternoon? have them up to the school for a lesson? start a project in the primary school and finish it in secondary school?

Thanks for your input
    Laura

2. Hi

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas to share on how they smooth the transition from ks2 to ks3? do you go to the primary schools for an afternoon? have them up to the school for a lesson? start a project in the primary school and finish it in secondary school?

Thanks for your input
    Laura

3. Doesn't your secondary school have primary school Year 6 induction days? If not, why not? We do and it works great. They come here as soon as the A2 exams finish.

4. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

Get year 7 or 8 students to make a light-hearted video about the school that covers common concerns.
    example
    The third section after the HT section answers concerns..

5. Yes they do have year 6 induction days but they don't do any ICT or meet the ICT teachers. I think they mainly meet their form tutors.