1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

transition dissertation help!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sarahlj222, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi!
    I'm currently in the process of writing my dissertation on teachers perspectives of the role of play in the transition from eyfs to key stage 1... if anyone could help me out by answering the following questions and messaging me them that would be great!
    Thanks in advance! [​IMG]
    What is your opinion on the value of play in the early years?

What is the difference between play in a reception classroom compared to that of a Year 1 classroom? Are there any similarities?

Do you have any experience within a year 1 setting? If so how did you manage the time for play and the time for study?

How do you prepare reception children for year 1 and the National Curriculum? Does the school have set measures in place?

How do you deal with the radical transition from foundation stage to national curriculum that children face? Does the school have any set procedures in place?

Do you see any difference between children coming from different pre-school setting? Do you have many children that have never been in any sort pre-school environment?

2. Hi!
    I'm currently in the process of writing my dissertation on teachers perspectives of the role of play in the transition from eyfs to key stage 1... if anyone could help me out by answering the following questions and messaging me them that would be great!
    Thanks in advance! [​IMG]
    What is your opinion on the value of play in the early years?

What is the difference between play in a reception classroom compared to that of a Year 1 classroom? Are there any similarities?

Do you have any experience within a year 1 setting? If so how did you manage the time for play and the time for study?

How do you prepare reception children for year 1 and the National Curriculum? Does the school have set measures in place?

How do you deal with the radical transition from foundation stage to national curriculum that children face? Does the school have any set procedures in place?

Do you see any difference between children coming from different pre-school setting? Do you have many children that have never been in any sort pre-school environment?