1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

transition day

Discussion in 'Primary' started by saira123, Jul 3, 2011.

1. saira123

saira123 New commenter

Hi
    Im an NQT going in to school for transition day as a new year 1 teacher. The school hasn't gotten back to me about what they are expecting. Any advice? How long, generally, would an activity for reception to yr 1 transition be? Any good ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ive got a transition day on tue, but mine is for children starting in Reception next year.
    I plan on keeping it simple, and keeping it short. Im going to ask them to paint a picture of themselves and use this to display their birthdays in the classroom, so that I have a display up when they arrive next year.
    The year 2 teacher at my current school gets the children to make a birthday card for one of the other children in the class. And when their birthday comes round they get a card made by another child in their class.
    Reception will be used to playing a lot and having fairly short activities. So I would recommend getting lots of toys out and spending the time getting to know each of your children.