1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition day

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Florence86, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hiya!
    I've got a transition morning coming up soon in a Reception class. This is my first post, so I have no idea what to expect, or what to plan. What are everyone else's experiences of transition day? How do the children generally cope with it? What sort of activities have done/plan on doing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. I put out a wide range of activities for the children to choose , play do is a safe activity that they can join in without any pressure, cars or train set, a few jigsaws, a colouring picture or drawing activity, outdoor toys, home corner etc. We have 4 induction days,during the last one I include an activity related to the topic we have in September, usually something I can put up a display from so there is a display ready - next term our first topic is dinosaurs so we will be making a dinosaur collage which will have their photos on for a welcome display. Hope this helps

3. Thanks Douglas, so it is pretty much freeflow with one focus activity?
    Your dinosaur topic sounds fab!