1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition day ideas for new reception class!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mrst1985, Jul 6, 2008.

1. I have got the new intake coming in on 18th July and I am struggling for ideas - my TA has some ideas, but I just don't think that they are exciting enough!! I want the children to come in and think "ooh that was fun I cant wait until September!!" I am thinking about doing something so that I have a display to put up of their work, but other than that I am not sure!! I have looked on the Primary forum and thought I might get the children to draw their faces and make them into a puzzle, but this just seems a bit old school and boring - just wondering if there is anyone who has some super transition day ideas!!!???

Thanks

2. I have got the new intake coming in on 18th July and I am struggling for ideas - my TA has some ideas, but I just don't think that they are exciting enough!! I want the children to come in and think "ooh that was fun I cant wait until September!!" I am thinking about doing something so that I have a display to put up of their work, but other than that I am not sure!! I have looked on the Primary forum and thought I might get the children to draw their faces and make them into a puzzle, but this just seems a bit old school and boring - just wondering if there is anyone who has some super transition day ideas!!!???

Thanks

3. I might say something here that will prob come across as being odd but I hope it reads like I would like it to sound as don't want to cause offence.

Some of your ideas will be better than you think. They may not be exciting to you if you have done them before etc. But to the children it will all be new and exciting. They wiil love the puzzle idea.

We do some of the same things year after year because they work for the children (year1) One of them is to take a photo of them on transfer day. They paint a flower template. We cut the flowers and stick photos of faces in the middle. It makes a lovely display about growing in school. They get all excited to see themselves on the wall. A simple idea which works.

Enjoy the day as am sure you will have done many times before. Enjoy getting to know them all.

4. No that's fine - not taken the wrong way!!! We take pictures of their first day of school, to put up on the entrance wall!! I just wondered if there were any other ideas people used?! Will have to surf through all the stuff on here me thinks!!!