1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transition Activities.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tinkeranabell, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I got offered a job today and I have been asked to go in and meet my new class on Wednesday for a transition day. Does any one have any suggestions for activities I could do with them? I have just under two hours with them. Thinking of doing some circle time actvities to get to know them and then maybe some math's activities to find out what they know. Any maybe read a story and get them to draw and write about themselves or maybe a passport about themselves and maybe use them for a display for September.
    Thank you.

2. talisman

talisman New commenter

Well done for your job!! I found a fantastic resource in the resource section of this website with 50 ideas for transition day - lots of ideas to choose from including pshe/circle time things, arty ideas and games too.
    Your ideas look great too - have a wonderful day with your new class!!

3. talisman

talisman New commenter

Found it!!!!

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/50-ideas-for-meeting-your-new-class-6049443/

PS i am not taking any credit for producing this!!

4. Thank you for your help!

5. teacher_1186

teacher_1186 New commenter

Hi Gladis, have you got the improved template please? Thankyou! To the op, hope it goes well! x

6. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

I've just added a new resource which may be of use to some people.

I have made a Passport to Year 6 booklet which can be adapted for any year group. The children have to follow the page headings and include information such as name, self portrait / photo, info about their hobbies, family, friends and role model, what they like and don't like doing at school, what they are looking forward to in their new year group and what they are worried about.

The back page is blank so it can be mounted on display at the start of term.

Hope you like it! Easily adapted too, if you want to find out other information about your class.

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Passport-to-Year-6-6258576/requestAction/add/