1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transferring video from iPhone

Discussion in 'Personal' started by found nemo, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I want to transfer a video saved as an mp4 file on my iPhone to a friend's computer. He has iTunes installed. I'm scared that his iTunes will sync with my phone and I'll lose my music! How do I stop this happening? Is it easy to transfer an mp4 file across? Thanks.

2. I want to transfer a video saved as an mp4 file on my iPhone to a friend's computer. He has iTunes installed. I'm scared that his iTunes will sync with my phone and I'll lose my music! How do I stop this happening? Is it easy to transfer an mp4 file across? Thanks.

3. You can tell it not to sync but you shouldn't need to. Plug the phone into the computer, it should pop up with the "what do you want to do" window and then you just find the file and drag and drop it into the destination folder. If the window doesn't open, look in "my computer" to find the iphone and then the file.

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Before plugging in your iphone, open itunes and uncheck the 'automatically sync' box.... or it might be called 'manually manage'- can't remember!
    Also, when I plug my iphone in, it pops up a box similar to when plugging in a USB stick. One of the options is to transfer video and pictures. If that doesn't come up, you can access the memory on your phone via My Computer, again just like a USB stick, and drag and drop to the desktop/My Docs.
    I'll go have a look at my itunes to see if I can give better instructions!

5. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Okay, to stop your music being overwritten....
    Open itunes--> Edit--> Preferences --> Devices tab --> Prevent iphones, ipads and ipods from syncing automatically tick box.

6. Many thanks.

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Stop using such poor software. Simples!