1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transferring money back to UK

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by olipage, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    I am teaching in Thailand at the moment and am still having to pay my mortgage in the UK- so just windering if any of you have advice on how to transfer money back to UK as cheap as possible. At the moment I am doing it from bank to bank and its costing my in the region of £35 to do it! Very expensivo.............
    Has anyone got a better bank deal or used paypal or something?

Any advice, would really appreciate
    Thanks loads :)

2. Hi guys,
    I am teaching in Thailand at the moment and am still having to pay my mortgage in the UK- so just windering if any of you have advice on how to transfer money back to UK as cheap as possible. At the moment I am doing it from bank to bank and its costing my in the region of £35 to do it! Very expensivo.............
    Has anyone got a better bank deal or used paypal or something?

Any advice, would really appreciate
    Thanks loads :)

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I don't know about Thailand, but here in Dubai there are these money exchange/transfer type places.
    They generally have good rates and don't charge too much.
    What bank do you use in Thailand? if not a British bank, are there any British banks there where you could transfer more cheaply?
    Other than that could you transfer less frequently and cut costs that way?