1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Transfer of key stage 2 marking responsibilities to Capita

Discussion in 'Education news' started by nomad, Mar 27, 2019.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Commencing with the delivery of the 2019/20 test cycle, responsibility for marking the key stage 2 national curriculum tests will transfer to Capita.

Apparently.

Capita?

Gawd help us!

bevdex, agathamorse and Jamvic like this.
  2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well they did that with the KS3 SATS a few years back. Then the firm completely cocked it up and they scrapped them. How long do you reckon it will be before crapita mess up?

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Probably already happened.

nomad, Jamvic and blazer like this.
  4. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Occasional commenter

Whilst I feel sorry for those who lost their jobs, nothing would make me happier than to see Capita go the way of Carillion and Interserve. Not least because they made an absolute dogs dinner of army recruitment, but also because of their slimy tendrils creeping deeper and deeper into state provision of basic services. Gross.

5. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Just remember they're looking after our pensions!

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The email I have received from the Standards and Testing Agency, as a marker, informs me that the Agency has shared my contact details securely with Capita, in compliance with data protection legislation, and they will be in touch in due course with further information.

No doubt the change to Capita will be linked to a reduction in marking fees!

Jamvic and agathamorse like this.
  7. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Capita have the opposite of the Midas effect. Everything it touches turns to sh!te.

8. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Two minutes.

Jamvic, bevdex, nomad and 1 other person like this.
  9. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Quite so. G4S should have got the contract.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_surrounding_G4S

10. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Or maybe Lord Adonis’s personal toenail cutter.

11. HJPrimary

HJPrimary New commenter

Anyone know how to apply for a KS2 Sats marking job for next year i.e. 2020?

12. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

If Capita say anything at all about "SATs" or "Sats", etc. as if they exist, then you'll know they don't know what they're talking about!
    Guess that they'll at least be savvy enough to know how to spell the abbreviation for national curriculum tests.

13. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

14. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

The problem with all of these things is that you have a group of firms who are very good at tendering but totally useless when it comes to performing the contract. And despite repeated failures this cycle continues to be repeated.