1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training teachers to embed ICT in their lessons

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Shehladurjamali, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I would like to know how I can train and motivate teachers to use ICT in their lessons, not just as a resource but to enhance students' learning. Kindly share your views on the topic.

2. I would like to know how I can train and motivate teachers to use ICT in their lessons, not just as a resource but to enhance students' learning. Kindly share your views on the topic.

3. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

It depends what they have access to. For most classrooms I expect you'll just have to get teachers making more effective/varied use of interactive whiteboards. Making sure they do something properly interactive would be a start ;) .
    If you want to motivate them to use it, you've got to show that there's a clear reason for them to use it over not doing so. I expect there are many excellent teachers who don't need technical bells and whistles to get students inspired/learning.

4. How about this as a starting point

1. Find out what's holding them back, either by interview, survey or discussion
    2. Plan training sessions on any of the above answers that relate to lack of knowledge or skills

If you start planning training without finding out what people actually want to know, it won't work.

5. Dear shehla

I think what is really important for training teachers in school is to arrange small subject based learning sessions where teachers already using technology can share their current practices with them motivating at least some of them!

Ive tried this in my branch and it really works.Its really addictive to try something what youve practiced in a learning session and have seen others use it too. Even if 5 out of 15 start working with the ways you have talked about, I think you are successful.