1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training teacher in need of some help please :)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Stephrrm, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Hi all,

I'm a third year student at Bath Spa University. Next year I hope to go on to do my PGCE, but currently I'm working on my dissertation.
    I was wondering if a few of you might help me out by completing the survey below. It should take less than 5 minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/32Z5GCN

As a poor student, I am unable to offer any incentive other than a very big THANK YOU!
    Kind regards,
    Steph

2. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Are ex-teachers allowed to do it? I'd be happy to fill it in, but have given up teaching and don't live in the UK.

Good luck anyway!

3. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Yes, if you just ignore the school/institution box and put how many years you were teaching for :)

Thank you!

4. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

5. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Thank you!

6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Sorry, not willing to put my name and address to a survey popping up on a forum.

7. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

That's fine, just grateful for responses :D

8. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I wonder if you are missing a trick here. Like Flere, I am surprised that you are asking for personal info. I would fill it in if you weren't asking for identifiable info. What's to stop you emailing my school telling them that one of your staff said x y and z? No, you probably wouldn't I daresay, but aren't questionnaires like this usually anonymous?

I haven't looked at the number of views of your post, but if you have had say 100 views, and 2 survey completions, it may be worth considering changing this aspect? Just a thought. Hope it goes well for you.

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Done but not providing my details.

dominant_tonic and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  10. Jellyfish5469

Jellyfish5469 New commenter

Have completed it, good luck Steph from a fellow Spa graduate!

As far as I can see nothing incriminating on form to worry about being exposed to school?

11. dominant_tonic

I'll do that too.

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I must admit I filled it in minus the personal details

13. dominant_tonic

I'm Spa too. :)

No, I didn't mean that exactly, just as an example, but keep in mind anyone can put a survey up and post on here, then has your address, phone number and place of work . Do you know for a fact that she's is who she says she is?

No mention of supervising tutor, ethics committee or such like, and a newcomer on here. Probably all legit, but you just have a complete stranger your details. If you're happy with that, so be it. I'll fill it in now without personal details.

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry to say in this paranoid age that was my thought too.

15. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Thank you for all your responses!

Totally understand the paranoia. My friend suggested posting on teacher forums, but when I originally made the survey I only had people I already knew in mind.

But don't mind if people don't fill that bit in. Was just to get an idea on population sample, but not essential. I'm just grateful for responses :)

dominant_tonic likes this.
  16. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Thank you to all those that have filled this in, another 10 and I will have hit my target of 50 responses :D

17. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Done without personal details

19. Stephrrm

Stephrrm New commenter

Thank you!

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Done - with no personal details. These questions put me off filling it in too when it was first posted.

No Middle School option though, as so often the case, for age range taught. :(