1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training Resources for OTTs

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by christinadibella, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I'm hoping at some point the future to move from Seattle to the UK, most hopefully Scotland. I lived in England for a summer and have visited Scotland on several occasions, so I'm pretty familiar with British culture and day-to-day life. However, if I'm honest, I'm almost completely lost when it comest to British education. Any advice on how I can expand my knowledge to hopefully make myself a more reputable OTT for a British school? I'm looking for anything (websites, books, blogs, contacts, etc.) that will give me a better understanding of education in the UK and my responsibilities as a teacher should I be hired.

Thanks in advance!

2. I'm hoping at some point the future to move from Seattle to the UK, most hopefully Scotland. I lived in England for a summer and have visited Scotland on several occasions, so I'm pretty familiar with British culture and day-to-day life. However, if I'm honest, I'm almost completely lost when it comest to British education. Any advice on how I can expand my knowledge to hopefully make myself a more reputable OTT for a British school? I'm looking for anything (websites, books, blogs, contacts, etc.) that will give me a better understanding of education in the UK and my responsibilities as a teacher should I be hired.

Thanks in advance!

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

First have your qualifications checked to see if they are accepted in the UK , it may be different for each country. Are you Primary or Secondary. I know in Scotland at the moment jobs are difficult to get even for home grown teachers and in England there is a surplus of trained teachers.Currrently are new curriculum is proposed, in England, look on the Deptment of Education web site.The Scottish curriculum is different and I'm sure a internet search will bring up something.