1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training day / inset day

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by kirsty_l_brown120499, Jan 2, 2020.

1. kirsty_l_brown120499

kirsty_l_brown120499 New commenter

Hi, I’m currently volunteering once a week at my local primary school whilst alongside my level 3 qualification in college.

I’ve seen on the schools website that they’re having a training day Monday 6th January 2020 and then re open 7th January 2020. I volunteer / do my placement every Monday.

I’m just wondering because I volunteer, so I go in on the training day or do I not as it will be for the qualified teachers? Thank you x

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Contact the school.You do not need to go as you are a volunteer, but they may give you the option.

kirsty_l_brown120499 likes this.
  3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

If the placement is part of your level 3 qualification you would most likely be expected to go in (although this would mean you are not a volunteer). To be certain you would need to ask the college If you are just volunteering then it's going to be up to you whether you want to go in but you should contact the school to let them know.

kirsty_l_brown120499 likes this.
  4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Contact the school to check - although I doubt there will be anyone there tomorrow. You might have to wait until Monday morning (you should get an answer from around 8.00). If you are offered the opportunity to go in for training, it would be good to take it.

kirsty_l_brown120499 and Flanks like this.