1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training Bursary for PGCE Early Years?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Becky2409, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I have recently been offered a place on the Early Years PGCE at Chester uni to start in Sep which I'm delighted about. I am concerned however about the available funding. We get very little in terms of Maintenance Grant, child care grants etc as my husband works as a teacher and we are considered to earn enough to fund things ourselves (if only this was the case!) I have been told that a new bursary system has been introduced for the 12/13 academic year for ITT students. When I looked on the TDA website it states that if you have a 2:1 and are doing primary teaching you are eligible for a £5000 bursary. I called the TDA who were unsure if I was eligible as I'm doing an Early Years PGCE and recommended I called my uni, I did, and they were equally ambiguous! Does anyone know if the new bursary covers Early Yeas as well as Primary PGCE. It's crucial I find out so I can book child care for my two little ones and without out it I doubt I'd be able to afford to do my PGCE. Thanks.

2. I have recently been offered a place on the Early Years PGCE at Chester uni to start in Sep which I'm delighted about. I am concerned however about the available funding. We get very little in terms of Maintenance Grant, child care grants etc as my husband works as a teacher and we are considered to earn enough to fund things ourselves (if only this was the case!) I have been told that a new bursary system has been introduced for the 12/13 academic year for ITT students. When I looked on the TDA website it states that if you have a 2:1 and are doing primary teaching you are eligible for a £5000 bursary. I called the TDA who were unsure if I was eligible as I'm doing an Early Years PGCE and recommended I called my uni, I did, and they were equally ambiguous! Does anyone know if the new bursary covers Early Yeas as well as Primary PGCE. It's crucial I find out so I can book child care for my two little ones and without out it I doubt I'd be able to afford to do my PGCE. Thanks.

3. I am in the same position, I am doing Early Years PGCE at University College Birmingham and cannot find out whether I will get a bursary or not. Does anyone actually know?? Cannot find any information about it online. Thanks

4. I have two friends doing PGCE at UCB in Sept- (I am doing my degree there atm)
    They have said that there is no funding available, but I'm not 110% sure.

Contact UCB directly and ask them perhaps, sorry i've not really been much use.

Ali