1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Training before applying for Houseparent positions

Discussion in 'Independent' started by whistler, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Dear Theo and anyone else who is able to help,
    I've been a resident in a boarding house and am currently looking for a similar position in the future (have since moved to a new school where residency is not currently available nor likely to come up in the future), but with regards to CPD I was wondering if there were any specific courses etc that would help prepare me to apply to be a houseparent in the future?
    Any thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.
    Whistler

2. Dear Theo and anyone else who is able to help,
    I've been a resident in a boarding house and am currently looking for a similar position in the future (have since moved to a new school where residency is not currently available nor likely to come up in the future), but with regards to CPD I was wondering if there were any specific courses etc that would help prepare me to apply to be a houseparent in the future?
    Any thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.
    Whistler

3. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

The Boarding Schools' Association offer the following course through Roehampton University:

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/pdp/be/index.html

I'm a non-resident assistant house tutor, and it's something that my school have said might be useful. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

4. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

(Apologies for the lack of paragraphing above. I hope the web link, at least, was clear!)

5. Many thanks for your reply - the link worked perfectly and may be just what I am looking for. Thank you for taking the time to post.