1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trainee Teacher advice

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by L2011, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hi James
    I am starting teacher training next week and to keep me up to date on educational issues in my subject (ICT) i wondered if you could recommend any websites, magazines etc apart from TES of course that would keep me up to date?
    Many thanks
    L2011

2. Hi James
    I am starting teacher training next week and to keep me up to date on educational issues in my subject (ICT) i wondered if you could recommend any websites, magazines etc apart from TES of course that would keep me up to date?
    Many thanks
    L2011

3. Ah thank you so much! :)

4. The only real educational issue with ICT in England would appear to be will there be anyone studying the subject as you can't use it as part of the EB. However if you are lucky enough to be in Wales it is a fundamental part of the WB and as such the demand for qualified ICT teachers will probably be on the increase.
    The other real issue is the dumbing down of the subject in the vocational route compared to the traditional GCSE. My Nan could pass some of the vocational courses in just a couple of months, whereas the GCSE route is a lot harder to secure to good grades.
    A very useful website for teaching material and ideas is teach-ict.com and another one that I have used is gr82bgeeky

5. Hi

Do you use Twitter? There are a huge number of teachers who use this form of social media regularly to share information, websites, blogs etc - use the hashtag #ukedchat to find other teachers.

Good luck
    Clare

6. Hi,
    I have just finished ICT at NTU, we were given all of the relevant places so don't worry when you start you will be absolutely overloaded with info!
    Good luck and have a great time!!

7. I have just finished the ICT PGCE at NTU. Do not worry, you will be given all of the information on your course, so much so that your head will explode! [​IMG]
    Good luck and have a great time!

8. The NCETM has also just published a whole pile of study items about using different technologies. they could be used as department rraining as well.
    https://www.ncetm.org.uk/resources/31350

9. As noted, It is a matter of getting in contact with the subject association and keeping up to date by reading the TES (remember there's a new magazine format launchng soon!)
    James