1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trainee interview task...thoughts please?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ParkerNorf80, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ParkerNorf80

ParkerNorf80 New commenter

Having been fortunate enough to be selected for a first stage for teacher training in Primary, I’ve been given the following task.

A 10 minute (will fly by!) story telling activity, no text, with props and it’s with reception / YR1 pupils who ideally learn something from the story.

Got so many ideas flying around (having only applied today and given this task today!) but wondering if this is a task others have completed or ideas you believe I could adapt and make a success.

Thanks for reading, would appreciate any ideas.

2. Chicken_madras

Chicken_madras New commenter

I did something with the 3 bears, I had a bag with three different sizes bowls, porridge, 3 different sizes chairs from a dolls house, 3 different sizes beds and 3 teddy bears. The children took turns to take out the things, we used our phonics knowledge to help me label them, then we adapted the story to our own ideas so instead of porridge my bears ate chips. I drew some chips on a whiteboard and labelled it chips. The children then did their own food drawings and labelled them. This was for reception.

3. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

It may be too late for your interview this time, but you'll get more response if you share your ideas and thoughts and ask us what we think, rather than asking for our ideas and activities!