1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trainee Action Planner (TAP) for First School Placement

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by glennp, Sep 28, 2015.

1. glennp

glennp New commenter

Just started a SCITT, and find Identify and record targets (LINKED TO THE STANDARDS & GRADE DESCRIPTORS) and Identify and record action to meet targets sections in the Trainee Action Planner, extremely difficult to complete weekly. Any help on strategy would be extremely grateful. Any examples of TAP would be a great help. Ta!

2. missrturner

missrturner Occasional commenter

At my university we would have a print out of the teaching standards at the front of our file to refer to. This made it a lot easier.

Let's look at standard 4. Plan and teach well structured lessons. We would then write our target to be one of those sub-strands (i.e plan homework). Any lesson plans that included the planning of homework would then be used as evidence of this target. I would photocopy the plan and place it in my folder with the standard written on top of it. I would also photocopy a marked copy of the homework and do the same.

As you get into the swing of things on your placement you'll start to notice that in feedback/observations or even in your own reflective practice that you may have a lot of good evidence/feedback relating to differentiation but you have hardly anything for engaging with G&T pupils - this would then be how you find your next targets. You'd go back to your folder, find the relevant target and set that for your next goal & start collecting the evidence.

Hope this was clear enough, it took me a while to get used to it :)

annarg likes this.