1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Train to Teach Event - Science Museum, London

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by James_Williams, Mar 7, 2011.

1. There is a big Train to Teach Event being held at the Science Musuem in London this Friday and Saturday (11th, 12th March).
    http://traintoteach.tda.gov.uk/subpages/whattoexpect/moreaboutevent.aspx?eventName=London
    I will be at the University of Sussex Stand all day Saturday 12th March to answer queries on getting into teacher education. Do say hello (no need to reveal your online ID) if you are passing.
    It will be a long day so a smile and a cheery wave will be welcome!
    My colleagues will be there on Friday 11th holding the fort.
    James

2. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Hi James,

I have been offered a place at the IOE for an English PGCE, would it be worth my while coming to the event, or is it geared more towards students who are thinking of applying?

Thanks

3. Hi shoegal! Haven't seen you on here for a while. I was thinking same thing as you. Wish I'd known about these last year!

4. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Hi robyn! It has been a while. I think I realised that after spending so much time obsessing over my PGCE application, it was time to start concentrating on actually finishing my degree!! I wish I'd known about this last year too, I'm just wondering if there's still something there to learn though?!

5. Hi
    If you have an offer of a place then the event would not be of much use to you. It about providing information and advice for anyone thinking of teaching. Well done on your place however.
    James

6. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

I have an interview in a few weeks and the uni will be at this event. Im planning on visiting their stall and casually asking them about the application/interview process to see if i can get more of an idea of what to expect. also if the classic "W

7. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

I have an interview in a few weeks and the uni will be at this event. Im planning on visiting their stall and casually asking them about the application/interview process and what theyre lookin for to see if i can get more of an idea of what to expect. also if the classic "Why have you chosen this course?" question comes up in interview they will have already told me at the event why i sud train with them [​IMG]