1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trafford Centre

Discussion in 'Personal' started by regencyrob, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Off to the Trafford Centre today for a bit of retail therapy!
    Hollister here I come
    And selfridges!
    Excited!!!

2. Ooh I went in there last time I was at the Trafford Centre. It was so dark I couldn't see the merchandise properly or read the prices. [​IMG]
    Enjoy your shopping trip though!

3. I hate hollister. Horrid dark shop and just walking past it makes me retch due to the minging smell!
    Ho hum, each to their own!

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

too right, pff. and the clothes are pretty horrible too. in my opinion.

5. I only ever went in once, tried a pair of jeans on, realised that the cut of theirs is tiny (I'm a 10 - 12 in jeans in most shops, and I couldn't even get a 12 in there closed) and then discovered that if I wanted to try a 14 or 16 on I was going to have to find an assistant, who had to go up a ladder to get them for me from their stupid high shelves.
    So I left. Without any jeans, but without being made to feel like a hefalump by a 16 year old stick insect.

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I got loads of freebies with the Trafford iPhone app (only really good midweek though) x

7. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

Trafford Centre is way overrated (particularly compared to the plethora of far superior shopping malls here in DXB).
    In UK, same area I much prefer Cheshire Oaks outlet village.
    Not that I am a shopper of course, I help my dear wife to carry her bags!

8. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I've never understood the fascination with pseudo designer brands and Hollister is one shop that doesn't disappoint as far as being ridiculous goes! Stupid darkness/beautiful people lark and overpriced goods. Why?

9. SNAP

10. Go to the TC, ooh at least twice a year, but never even heard of Hollister! How have I missed that?

11. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

You're not missing much. Overpriced American casualwear aimed at teenagers with parents with more money than sense.

12. I'll continue to give it a miss then.

13. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I made the mistake of going there once. I thought it was like a football match. Horrible, horrible place.
    Still I expect they will do well on Thursday.

14. littlemissraw

Its fine if you avoid 'rush' hours/days. Early Sunday is okay, and so are evenings. Wouldn't dream of going on a Sat though x

15. I was quite empty! easy parking, no queues in the shops etc!
    Spent too much though!!!
    Will look good on my holidays though!

16. littlemissraw

I always park on Barton Square, seems far more chilled out.
    Ooh what did you get? (I have to live/shop vicariously through others these days) x

17. At the risk of sounding old - some chino's and deck shoes! S of France in the summer!
    I bought some new shirts from Ted Baker for school
    I got some havaiana's and a few t shirts for my hols!

18. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

Lucky you! I used to work at the Trafford Centre so tend to give it a wide berth. I must admit that though I've not been in I've always assumed Hollister must sell really shoddy items and make the shop dark so you can't tell until you've left!

19. littlemissraw

Big Spencer Rob! Sound great fun. Hope you have a lovely hol looking all dolled up [​IMG]
    I don't mind Hollister except it makes me feel like a blob with the sizing, had the odd cardy from there though and they've worn well x