1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Traffic Light Noise Monitor from PTS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ditwee, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

Before I shell out £80 in an effort to keep my guided reading quiet, do these work? Has anyone used them and found them to be effective?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If they're quite large, like a speaker, I've used them in the past.
    They were effective at the beginning- novelty value! But later it is difficult to set the level & still allow for accidental books being knocked off table setting the thing off or the 'warning noise' becoming as annoying & disturbing as the initial noise & yes some children will make a game out of deliberating waiting to set off the alarm! I find the powerpoint one (think I found it here n resources?) set manually just as effective & definitely cheaper.

3. Wasn't there a thread not that long ago about this called something like 'Keeping the class quiet'? I think there was a less expensive option might be the same one that the previous poster on here mentioned? Maybe. £80 is a bit much.

4. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

Thank you for your replies. Yes there was a very recent thread which suggested both this and the online powerpoint one as options. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to give it access to the microphone without also giving it access to the webcam, as the options menu doesn't allow me to choose one and not the other.

5. Go onto the control panel of your computer and see if you can disable the webcam.
    £80 seems a bit expensive if there is an online version.
    JSY x

6. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter