1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

traditional tales - medium term plans for Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by joyceg, Dec 29, 2010.

1. hi poppy. i have just posted a medium term plan for fairy tales on the resources page. hope you find it useful.
    j

2. Hello Joy. I am trying to use this site to find resources and planning for Traditional Stories for Reception class. Can I access your information? I haven't used this site properly before an am having difficulties.Can you help?

3. boatmanco

boatmanco New commenter

As you should be planning from the children's interests, everyones planning will look very different.
    Also, would your class choose Traditional tales as their topic....i know mine wouldn't!

Sorry....a little bah humbug but it is the beginning of term!

4. How is this helpful?...
    This may be true but our head likes to have planning beforehand and so we cannot always plan for the children's interests. It is easier to plan for their interests with the weekly planning but not so much the MTP.
    Our topic is also Traditional Tales and I have been looking for examples just so I can get the most out of the topic. Our children loved a week on Goldilocks last half term and they are looking forward to the stories this half term. In my personal opinion I feel there is so much you can do with this topic. Although making any topic fun, engaging , inspirational, able to dvelop learning and skills and providing opportunities for the children to make progress is what matters surely!
    Our children do not know the more traditional stories which is why we have this topic- we can bring them alive and widen their experiences.
    Sorry to go on I just feel that the last post wasnt helpful at all...was it really worth replying!
    Like everyones planning is different- children are different too!

5. This link should work.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/fairy-tales-medium-term-plan-6066631/
    I agree with the earlier posting about unhelpful comments. Whilst we know what best practice is many of us have to do the best we can within the boundaries laid down by the school management.
    One way of ensuring it follows children's interests is to gather a large number of resources for the topic e.g fantasy play figures, gingerbread man cutters and baking equipment etc. Use these as a basis for discussion with the children. Then you can plan from that.

6. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

I have looked and downloaded your plan which I have found very useful.
    Thank you for sharing it.