1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Traditional stories

Discussion in 'Primary' started by buzzby, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Hope everyone has enjoyed the summer break so far.

Just wondering...I am going to be completing a topic that looks at various locations around teh world - focusing on the geography of mountains, coasts, rivers and tying in climate/weather. I am going to try and link, where possible and not tenuously, my literacy on traditional stories and use the stories such as Egyptian Cinderella, Korean Cinderella. While traditional the yalso help tie in some of the places that we may visit on our topic.

Does anyone know of any others like Egyptian Cinderella? Particularly any that are not Cinderella based - very boy heavy class next year - I have looked at amazon for the ones I know and picked up a couple of others that amazon has suggested but don't want to continue that trawl!

Thanks

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The Maiden, the frog and the Chief's Son on this link is basically a Cinderella story from Africa, though it doesn't mention her by name. Our year 6 classes (one boy heavy and one not) loved the story last year, we used storytelling ideas for them to learn, retell and reinvent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldclass/download/bbc_schools_pack_africa_lives.pdf

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Thanks for those folks x