1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Traditional stories Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by xhelen1989x, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am currently planning English and the Traditional Tales Unit for Year 2. I took over the class in January and they briefly did it in the Autumn term but not much so I have two weeks to do it in at the end of this term.
    Our topic is Peru and I was thinking of doing Paddington Bear for a week (I know this is a classic story rather than a traditional tale but thought it may be good) and then one such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood for the second week etc. Which other one do you think is best to do in Year 2? Should I try to compare and contrast the two?
    :)

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I did Hansel and Gretel over 6 weeks. You could rewrite it a bit and put it into the rainforest if you want a link.

Or do one of the harder Paddington Bear chapter books for the extended stories unit.

I asked about which story to do in December, if you look for the thread there are lots of good ideas of what to do and what not to do.