1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Technology Competition being revamped - Tell Toyota your opinion about it, and other school competitions

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by ajbooker, May 1, 2012.

1. Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd has asked me to assess the Solar and Programmable (PIC) model car competitions they have run for the past 10 years to get opinions on improvements they are considering for next years competition. The Toyota Technology Challenge competition gets up to 500 entries a year from UK schools.

I have set up a survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C6HK2SW . If you could spare ten minutes to answer the ten questions, it would be appreciated and your answers will shape future competitions

The aim of this assessment of the Toyota Technology Challenge is to maintain the competitive element, reduce paperwork required to enter, increase support to schools and ensure new and current schools entering compete against each other fairly. Even if you don?t currently enter this or any other education competition, your opinions would be invaluable.

You can also contact me directly at siastraining@gmail.com
    AJ Booker - Educational Consultant - Nottingham - UK

2. Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd has asked me to assess the Solar and Programmable (PIC) model car competitions they have run for the past 10 years to get opinions on improvements they are considering for next years competition. The Toyota Technology Challenge competition gets up to 500 entries a year from UK schools.

I have set up a survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C6HK2SW . If you could spare ten minutes to answer the ten questions, it would be appreciated and your answers will shape future competitions

The aim of this assessment of the Toyota Technology Challenge is to maintain the competitive element, reduce paperwork required to enter, increase support to schools and ensure new and current schools entering compete against each other fairly. Even if you don?t currently enter this or any other education competition, your opinions would be invaluable.

You can also contact me directly at siastraining@gmail.com
    AJ Booker - Educational Consultant - Nottingham - UK

3. I've answered the survey, but you may wish to take a look at question 2 - there's no option for none of the above, and it made it very difficult to complete the survey, as it wouldn't allow me to close without answering the question!!

4. Thank you, Ill check that straight away

AJ Booker

Now changed to remove the need to answer that question. Thank you for your feedback
    AJB

5. Spencer_DT

Spencer_DT Occasional commenter

Hi AJB, thanks for posting up and furthermore for continuing to run this competition. I am the TES DT advisor and every week highlight a chosen "forum discussion" on the DT landing page www.tes.co.uk/tes-design. As of next mon/tues 7/8 may, I have highlighted this particular discussion as I believe it is important wet as a community support as many projects and competitions as possible. I hope that by highlighting your discussion a lot more people will get involved and give you the info and feedback you require.
    Cheers

Spencer

6. Thank you. Unfortunately were not getting many responses so far. I know teachers have a very tough job to do at the moment and this survey is a way for them to directly shape a competition that hundreds apply to each year. This is a proactive move by Toyota and a great way for teachers to ensure it is a competition they have the time and skills to enter. Anything you can do to encourage them is greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is anything I can do to support you in spreading info about this survey and comments generally about the Toyota Technology Challenge

AJ Booker

7. Surveys have to be sold....with a bit of bling....nice captivating video, tug at the heart strings....be creative. make me want to do IT ! :))[​IMG]

8. gandy

gandy New commenter

Questionnaire completed.
    My school reached the Regional finals and came 4th.
    Would deffo recommend the competition, but please have KS3, KS4 and KS5 age categories as my boys were year 7 and 8!
    Very difficult competing against GCSE and A level children!

9. Not sure about KS5 but as you can see, a KS3 consisting of just years 7 and 8, and a KS4 with Yrs 9,10,11 in it to reflect the ways schools tend to split their GCSE classes is being considered.

Thank you