1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Toy assembly- year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by helskie26, Dec 21, 2009.

1. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

I am going to be doing an assembly on toys with year 1 after Christmas. Does anyone have any ideas of songs we could sing or a script that people would be willing to share?
    I have lots of ideas- using a doctor who theme to discuss toys in the past, dance of toy soldiers, dance from chitty chitty bang bang but I am struggling on how to put it all together.
    Any help would be appreaciated. Thankyou
    heleneurope99@hotmail.com

2. Hello Helen
    I couldn't find any specific Toy assemblies but we do have quite a lot of Toy resources for Early Years that could be useful. Check out the link below.
    Toy resources
    Good luck
    Gail

3. I just did a toy class assembly. I based it on Kippers toy box. Was a lovely assembly which the children all enjoyed. We also sung a song from Sing up called playtimes past and we acted out a poem The toys playtime by tony mitton

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Why am I thinking about Andy Pandy? [​IMG]

I think you should consider including a bit about toys in other, poorer, societies, where children improvise toys and recycle stuff to make them. I know that sounds a tad worthy but, in the aftermath of Christmas...

5. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

We did a puppet dance for ours, sang teddy bears picnic and performed a poem from an ORT Toy Poems book.

6. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

livenkickin- that sounds lovely. Could I be cheeky and ask if you could possibly send me a copy of your script? Thankyou
    heleneurope99@hotmail.com

7. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

Thankyou for all the ideas- they are all fab and will help me to have a relaxing Christmas!!

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

What about 'This is the Bear'?

9. you have mail!

10. This sounds like a lovely idea for an assembly on toys. Would you possibly be able to email a copy of your script for the assembly to look at?
    vickyjarrett@hotmail.com

Thank you

11. Could i possiby be cheeky and have a copy of the script too? Got my class assembly in a fortnight and have been looking for inspiration based on toys.

Thanks so much.

kimberleyteakle@hotmail.com

12. hello livenkickin, i read your message about your toy assembly, i am doing one on Thursday. any possibility i could have a copy of your assembly script? I would be ver greatful, many thanks Louise

13. If you would like some songs for assembly. Have a look at the song book Toys & Games in the My World Series from Out of the Ark Music.
    You can listen on line to song clips from their website www.outoftheark.com

14. Hi there Louise,
    I also have a dreaded assembly on toys. Could you pls send me a copy of your script....would be so helpful for a starting point,
    Louise lrandall@wsgfl.org.uk

15. Hi any chance I could have a look at the script or just a link to the poem have have tried google to no avail.

kniemma@ntlworld.com

16. Hii, new to this, did u get a copy of a script for your assembly on toys. If so how can I get a copy cheers.

marcellabrading1@hotmail.com

17. Please could I have a copy of Kippers toy assembly.
    Cheers

18. Hi, sorry for another request but please could i get a copy of the toys assembly. I'm happy to share any of my Year 1 stuff as well. thank you!
    lis0602@hotmail.com

19. ah that sounds great!! Just what Im looking for - can I be cheeky and ask to see the assembly script too?

lucyaldridge87@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks! x

20. Hello! I have just started doing primary 1 this year (from primary 7 last year), which is taking a little adjusting! It is the infants turn this year to produce an assembly each. My assembly is going to be after Christmas, but I am trying to gather ideas and thoughts for good assemblies to link in with topic work. I was hoping to look at fairytales and toys this year and had considered both for assembly. After reading your idea about Kippers Toy box (and looking so much at Kipper just now) I thought it sounded great and something the children would love! I know it was a wee while ago now, but would it be possible to gather any further ideas based on what you actually did for your assembly? My email is daniellep4@hotmail.co.uk if i'm not being too cheeky! Any help is much appreciated. Thank you muchly :D xx