1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Touchscreen on mobile phone stopped working..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Jul 31, 2011.

1. The touchscreen on my fairly new LG Optimus One phone stopped working last night. I didn't spill anything on it but had it on the table outside which might have been damp from the bottom of people's drinks etc, and upon opening it up the little strip of indicator paper has gone pink indicating water damage so I know they will not repair it on warranty.
    Other than that everything is working fine, but I cannot touch the screen to unlock the flipping thing.
    Ive had it sitting in a bag of rice all day, and so far nothing has happened. New ones are going for £100+ on eBay, and its the first time i've had a 'posh' phone and i've been really enjoying it :(
    Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to get it repaired, or have any other clever ideas to restore it?
    There must be hardly any moisture inside it and im a bit annoyed that its broken so easily.

2. The touchscreen on my fairly new LG Optimus One phone stopped working last night. I didn't spill anything on it but had it on the table outside which might have been damp from the bottom of people's drinks etc, and upon opening it up the little strip of indicator paper has gone pink indicating water damage so I know they will not repair it on warranty.
    Other than that everything is working fine, but I cannot touch the screen to unlock the flipping thing.
    Ive had it sitting in a bag of rice all day, and so far nothing has happened. New ones are going for £100+ on eBay, and its the first time i've had a 'posh' phone and i've been really enjoying it :(
    Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to get it repaired, or have any other clever ideas to restore it?
    There must be hardly any moisture inside it and im a bit annoyed that its broken so easily.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Can you switch it off and on again?

4. Not properly because it involves using the touch screen - i've taken the battery out and replaced it numerous times. It powers up fine, but the touch screen still fails to work.

5. It may not actually be anything you have done. Some models of LG phones can be notorious for malfunctioning. I got through countless LG cookies a little while back (touchscreen kept failing) and eventually gave up after hearing so many people go through the same problems!

6. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

airing cupboard in pieces for a few days. Worked when I dropped my phone in a jager bomb. Didn't work when I dropped another phone in the gutter though but worth a try.

7. PFF - When you open the back there is a small white piece of paper that apparently means it is water/humidity damaged if it is no longer white, so basically the warranty does not cover this regardless of if its anything i've done. I've a feeling it must've sat in a little puddle of wine or something on the table for too long.

8. Its been in a bag of rice all day and still wont work :(
    ...does anyone have an iphone they want to sell for a bargain price? :p

9. http://www.appleiphonerepairs.co.uk/links/ I used this website for my iphone. £35 for a new screen when my insurance excess was £100. Not sure of they do other types of phones, but they do have related companies which repair playstations etc. I sent mine off an had it back within 4 days, was worried they may be dodgy but would use again! May be worth a look. Good luck!

10. Thankyou for the reply. I woke up this morning took it out of its bag of rice and it works again