1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Totally distracted from marking today

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Marking? At the weekend? [​IMG]

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

GCSE papers!! It's money innit?

5. The coastguard (and air ambulance) pilots got my enduring support and admiration when we witnessed a rescue on a beach near Bude a couple of years ago. The helicopter had to hover between a rocky outcrop and the main cliff and there wasn't much room for error. Amazing skill and bravery to rescue a twit who'd been climbing in slippery conditions without the right gear.
    Is there a good outcome to the rescue near you Lapinrose?

6. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

The problem of people getting cut off by the tide never seems to go away.
    I've always been cautious about that as both my mum (Filey Brigg) and my ex husband(formby to ainsdale) have ended up in situations where they have had to scramble up rocks or wade through chest deep water.
    I always remember going to the East coast as a child and not actually being able to see the sea as it was so far away and it was about a 2 mile walk to get there.
    I was also very disappointed to hear that Cleethorpes was an estuary, not a "proper" sea, I felt robbed.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

The helicopter winched them up and dumped them on the golf course!! I didn't see what happened next as I had to get back to the marking!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

The
    helicopter winched them up and dumped them on the golf course!! I
    didn't see what happened next as I had to get back to the marking!
    We
    see this a couple of times a year, sometimes it's tragic but sometimes
    it's just just tourists who don't read the warning notices!!