1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Total hours worked in 5 afternoons

Discussion in 'Primary' started by marlin, Jan 16, 2011.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You need to check with the advertising school as each school arranges its own hours. They should tell you what fraction of the week you will be paid for. If it is a job share then there may be some time when both teachers are paid as handover time - unlikely, but possible! Don't forget that you may have to stay after school at least once a week for a staff meeting, so include this too in your child care hours.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Generally speaking 4 afternoons is 0.4 of the working week. But it isn't hard and fast.

You may also be asked if you would like to work the odd morning here and there on a supply basis or to staff trips.

3. Thankyou for your replies - I read somewhere on here that a full working week is 35 hrs (although we all know that this is totally untrue)!!!!!!!! So i work it out that 5 afternoons would be 14 hrs a week. I really need to work at least 16hrs to claim working tax credit. Maybe Ill be able to work around this somehow. Is anybody else in the ame boat as me ?

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can you offer to do lunchtime supervision as an extra?

5. My LA pays us for 32.5hours per week not 35.So really not sure how much you would be paid for afternoons.