1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Total: 1,454 (Members: 114, Guests: 1,171, Robots: 169)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bumchuckle, Apr 4, 2017.

1. bumchuckle

bumchuckle Occasional commenter

169 Robots reading TES community today. hmmm. My mind immediately leaps to Rodney Copperbottom, Madam Gasket, Ratchet and the like. Maybe in the future we will have robots teaching classes? Our principal might like that. He is now having regular meetings with our yr 7 English teachers where we listen to his wonderful insights (what does and doesn't constitute poetry for example) and discuss the professional readings that he has sourced. I can't imagine how more helpful this would be if he actually had an English degree or could string a legible sentence together himself for that matter. Anyway, should these robots take over our jobs he could sit in his recently renovated office that is bigger than the main staff room and program all the teachers much more efficiently than he is doing now. Although I have to hand it to him, he is certainly working hard on that score with his current human batch.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Mention of robots gets me thinking...

... although technically they were meant to be aliens.

Robots are all well and good, it's the maintenance costs that would cause a problem, all that oil and all those spanners ;)

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Unfortunately I can't find the triple cringe emoji.

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Actually "robots" is a bit of a misnomer in this case and makes one think of them in entirely the wrong light

upload_2017-4-4_7-40-9.jpeg

In reality they are more like the crabs that live by chewing and filtering the tasty bits out of the sediment (Not at all like teachers then ;))
    A form of electronic re-cycling as it were