1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tories: Can't feed your kids for a tenner? You're a bad parent!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

emerald52 and red_observer like this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well they sure know how to win people over. :rolleyes:

JL48, emerald52 and red_observer like this.
  3. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

They’ve always been lower than vermin as I have said so often.

BetterNow and JL48 like this.
  4. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Also can't spell. Dysfunctional. Write out 3 times.

5. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Politics aside I have fed a family of four on £20 a week quite recently, I've posted about feeding them for less than £3 for a dinner... SSS's half term thread last year I think, but it requires a freezer for left overs a bit of time to cook, (30mins-45mins) and if you bulk buy offers its the cheapest way but you need the money up front, cashflow is key and a problem for people on benefits or on low earnings.

6. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Janus-faced tories at it again.

Sack them and let them try live on benefits.

BetterNow, JL48 and red_observer like this.
  7. red_observer

People say the Tories have changed. People say there are nice Tories. But these comments keep coming up time and time again. They are the same nasty party even the current Prime Minister thinks they are.

Laphroig, JL48 and Vince_Ulam like this.
  8. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

It's all well and good to be able to do it occasionally and it's great to be frugal but, try living on that kind of money for months on end.

I'd like to see people who have really struggled financially getting these posts. I'm sick of middle class people who have never gone hungry or been in fear of homelessness getting all the good jobs.

9. needabreak

Did it for years as did my working and working class parents before me *who taught me well", since the reign of 13 and 15% interest rates. Personally sometimes it's out of necessity others being careful in anticipation of necessity, plus I don't like handing over my hard earned bucks to large multinationals unless absolutely necessary.

wanet and BelleDuJour like this.
  10. Brunel

Brunel Established commenter

While it's always comforting to generalise, this was written by one Tory. It may (in fact it probably does) reflect the views of some other Tories, but there will be plenty of other Tories angry that someone has posted such a moronic message.

BelleDuJour and Jesmond12 like this.
  11. needabreak

They do? :eek:

red_observer likes this.
  12. Brunel

And by this logic the entire Labour Party is ant-Semitic because a few idiots make equally moronic comments.

monicabilongame and wanet like this.
  13. red_observer

Not me I may add!

14. red_observer

Officially maybe yes

15. red_observer

Lazy thinking....This is where you don’t understand.... the Tories hate poor people... it’s in their dna. Labour is a party of equality. Think about it...

monicabilongame and BetterNow like this.
  16. Brunel

Not sure you're quite getting the point here.

wanet likes this.
  17. needabreak

I guessed.

red_observer likes this.
  18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I had very little money at Uni and learned to budget very well (a skill that has served me well all my adult life)

needabreak likes this.
  19. red_observer

No I am. The Tories are evil!

20. RuthTom

RuthTom Occasional commenter

Having tried some of the Jack Monroe recipes I can say that they are adequate - although some of the measurements for the cake recipes are a bit off. To live on £10 a week for 2 people, you would need some store cupboard things already, or a good garden.