1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Topography HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Raphella, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Raphella

Raphella New commenter

Can anyone please advise me! This is my first geography unit under the new curriculum next September. I have researched and googled, but to little avail.

I understand that it is the physical structure of the land (i think) however, I am at a loss as to how I write a SOW. Are there any published resources that I can use as a starting point?

Any advice or direction you can point me in would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou :)

2. If you come across anything, please let me know - as I will for you :D

3. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 New commenter

You could build it into map skills. Look at contours and the shape of the land (valleys, hills, mountains) you could look at using the contours to do cross sections to show the topography. Maybe a finding challenge so give them a map section and they have to find topographical features such a valley and they give the grid reference or build 3d models of different topographies and the associated contour pattern. Any incorporation of GIS would be good.