1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Topics for Reception???

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by louisea, May 23, 2011.

1. Hello I teach Year 1 and from Sept I am moving into Reception. Really looking forward to it as I have been in Y1 for too long!
    After talking to the current Rec teacher we think some of the topics need changing.
    Currently she does Jungle Journey, Christmas, Chinese New year/ourselves, people who help us, Mini-beasts, Mary Mary/growth & change!
    I wondered what other people do, what works etc I was thinking maybe a Space theme, farm??? castles - something a bit more exciting!
    Any ideas would be great thanks
    Louise

2. Hello I teach Year 1 and from Sept I am moving into Reception. Really looking forward to it as I have been in Y1 for too long!
    After talking to the current Rec teacher we think some of the topics need changing.
    Currently she does Jungle Journey, Christmas, Chinese New year/ourselves, people who help us, Mini-beasts, Mary Mary/growth & change!
    I wondered what other people do, what works etc I was thinking maybe a Space theme, farm??? castles - something a bit more exciting!
    Any ideas would be great thanks
    Louise

3. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

I think Space would be fun!
    How about Holidays, Under the Sea, Seaside, Toys?

4. Having taught this age group for many years I suggest you google Sylvia Chard Project approach. When I met her she claimed that Space is too abstract for young children, but could be encompassed into a 'fantasy' theme. Not a bad idea.