1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Topic title wanted please!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minky4uk44, May 24, 2011.

1. Hello everyone.
    I need a really catchy creative title for my year 6 topic. We are doing all about respect and talent and have linked it to sister act 2 as that will be the end of year production. If possible the topic needs to be a question. Does any one have any ideas that they could please share.
    Thank you

2. Hello everyone.
    I need a really catchy creative title for my year 6 topic. We are doing all about respect and talent and have linked it to sister act 2 as that will be the end of year production. If possible the topic needs to be a question. Does any one have any ideas that they could please share.
    Thank you

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

"*** is happening to our education system?" might be a good title!

I accept you have not posted in great detail, but how on earth is 'preparing for the production' ever constitute a term long teaching topic? Maths? Literacy? History? Geography?

Sorry but this sort of whishy washy teaching drives me nuts!

4. I don't think I'd choose it, but Sister Act isn't necessarily a bad topic as it opens up lots of scope for RE, and history and geography can be linked into this easily. At least with a production, the class has a purpose for learning about Christianity, as they need to understand it to understand their play. No ideas for a topic title, but I wouldn't make the assumption that the unit's going to be wishy washy!

5. I asked for help not your critism. if you cant help with a title then fine but dont dare come on here and slag me off.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Is there a quote from the play that you could use as your title?

7. what like... if you wanna be somebody and you wanna go somewhere you better wake up an pay attension. lol

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I didn't insult you personally at all. I was (or meant to be) critical of the system that means there are a zillion threads asking for titles for so called topics.

OK so you are going to spend most of next term preparing for the end of year production, so will a great many other year 6 classes. Doesn't mean it can be an academic teaching and learning topic.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Who loves you?

10. lukesmum

lukesmum Occasional commenter

I thought this was the place for support and advice?????

If you've can't answer the question the OP asked why waste your time posting? You type of posters really get on my ****!

LM

11. I'm not going to spend Monday to Friday, 9 till 3 for 7 weeks on the production! We choose a topic to fit in with the production that has been chosen so that its all relative!!! I wouldnt teach a topic on romans and have a school production on Grease, thats just stupid

12. last year our topic was pirates, the school production was treasure island. thats how our school works!

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Been trying to think - I know you asked for a question title but what about 'Get in on the Act' as a title?

14. "Better bar nun"
    "Acting up"
    "Nun-sense"
    Ignore the grumpy poster who says you shouldn't be doing something fun. Having a show a the end of term is a terrific way of focusing a Y6 class who could easily "go off" without something to work towards. Making work relevant and accessible is good teaching: if the writing/ music/RE/PE is something the children can relate to, then they'll achieve more.
    I personally can't stand the film "Sister Act" as a film, but I can see the merits of doing it as a topic.

15. Thanks marlin for your suggestion, i suppose it doesnt have to be a question, its just to get the children think about what they might be learning instead of having boaring titiles like The Viking. I'll bare your suggestion in mind. I thought of, "follow your heart or your mind" not sure yet. something will come to me.