1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Topic - Food Glorious Food - Ideas needed please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skippers11, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Hello all!!

Our next topic is 'Food Glorious Food' and I am wondering if anybody has any fabulous, exciting ideas they could suggest?!! I work in a very small school and teach 3 year groups in one class (R, Y1 and Y2) so ideas need to be pretty adaptable to all ages. We are also expecting the dreaded Ofsted sometime early next year so need cross curricular activities!

My thoughts so far:

* Lots of cooking (0bviously!!)
    * Geography - Food around the world, where food comes from.
    * Science - Growing food, healthy eating, keeping our bodies healthy etc.

Any more suggestions?! Am struggling to think of something for History based work...

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Hello all!!

Our next topic is 'Food Glorious Food' and I am wondering if anybody has any fabulous, exciting ideas they could suggest?!! I work in a very small school and teach 3 year groups in one class (R, Y1 and Y2) so ideas need to be pretty adaptable to all ages. We are also expecting the dreaded Ofsted sometime early next year so need cross curricular activities!

My thoughts so far:

* Lots of cooking (0bviously!!)
    * Geography - Food around the world, where food comes from.
    * Science - Growing food, healthy eating, keeping our bodies healthy etc.

Any more suggestions?! Am struggling to think of something for History based work...

Thanks in advance! :)

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

History- look at how food has changed over time Hunter-Gatherer's /Tudor food/ Victorian food/present day. The rise in popularity of the potato.
    Science/maths- sorting food into different food groups.

5. Thanks, will jot down those ideas!

Have also had the thought of a Roman Banquet. This is my first year teaching Reception though and so am unsure of how they will understand the concept of the past! But need to make sure my Y1/Y2 are also covering what they should be too!