1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Topic...Britain since 1930... Art ideas for decades.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eggles, Aug 8, 2011.

1. In September we are going to start our topic, Britain since 1930. I'm looking for art ideas for the decades. Thank you inadvance for contributing.

2. In September we are going to start our topic, Britain since 1930. I'm looking for art ideas for the decades. Thank you inadvance for contributing.

3. We looked at Andy Warhol. Looked at his coloured faces of famous people. Then did our own versions of WWII leaders. In the past also done same with Prime Ministers from 1930's onward. Looked great.

4. zannar

zannar New commenter

I would look at the parts of the topic you will be covering and decide. Our topic is the Romans and I am looking at the Roman army as part of that to keep my boys interested. Knowing this, they will be making shields. We are looking at lifestyle so they will be making mosaics and cooking Roman bread and cakes.
    Hope this will kickstart some ideas.

5. 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990 art ideas for the different decades.

1950's Andy Warhol

6. Would like to include as many medias as possible such as sculpture, collage, painting, printing etc.

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Try again
    I think art deco went into the 30s.
    Op-Art & Pop art for the 60s
    For scuptures there's Barbara Hepworth 40s & 50s.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

1930 Clarice Cliff
    1940 Sky scapes in pastels of the Blitz
    1950 Andy Wahol
    1960 More pop art
    1970 Flower power (or DT making some flares from old trousers by sewing in triangles)
    1980 Damien Hurst?
    1990 Tracy Emin?

Make sure you do a mix of children's creativity as well as 'in the style of' type art.

9. Great thank you minnieminx, It sounds like you have taught this topic before [​IMG]

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

1930s Art Deco
    1960s Optical Art (Op Art) Bridget Riley