1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

top choons for labour and afterwards

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Wylfie, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

I'm just filling time, putting together a playlist for my I Pod and wondered what you guys would put on there and why and might help me have something other than Take That blocking out the noise of crying babies and gossiping women :)

2. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

I'm just filling time, putting together a playlist for my I Pod and wondered what you guys would put on there and why and might help me have something other than Take That blocking out the noise of crying babies and gossiping women :)

3. Are you planning to stay in? We didn't even remember to get the ipod out the bag when we arrived, had our own room for the whole time we were there and were discharged 8 hours after she was born! No gossiping women and the only crying baby was our own! I'd put on stuff you can sing along to for a bit of distraction maybe - I used mine at home for a bit and just made sure I listened to my favourites to keep me focused.

4. Honestly don't think that music would have made much difference to my experience - in labour it was as much as I could do to be in labour and afterwards I was all ecstatic and wired and weird and wouldn't have noticed it.
    Not that I think music is a bad idea, at all... just can't give a single recommendation as can't imagine what I would have listened to.....

5. I had hypnotherapy stuff, and some happy stuff. I think I would go for something like the Glee soundtrack! Just a load of stuff you enjoy
    My husband thought it appropriate to put 'Push it' by salt n pepper on.

6. My iPod was my saviour during labour. I used it to help me zone out during contractions, rocked to the rhythms etc. I can't recommend it enough if you are into your music. What I would say though is that it is a personal choice- my playlist was just my favourite songs and she was placed on my chest when mine and OH's absolute favourite song was playing- our song- and even now when I hear it I well up! Amazing! Will definitely have the same play list for labour number two. After she was born I didn't listen to it at all though! Too many distractions, and when she was sleeping I slept. Was only in one night too. Good luck!

7. I didn't think about this but wish I had as the radio was playing and I didn't think it was "special" enough for my baby to be born to. I panicked when I was near the end and Limp Bizkit came on - I really didn't want my child to be born to that! In the end when he was born the song playing was take that's "greatest day" which was really appropriate and now makes me cry!