1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tools for recording progress and photo evidences

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by paulmarkj, Sep 17, 2015.

1. paulmarkj

paulmarkj New commenter

Has anybody used tracking tools such as Arbor?

What I am looking for is a tool that will record assessments with evidence photos and text AND the ability to print these photos/text out as reports.

I work in a special school so photo evidence is essential and each teacher produces 300 of the evidences per year.

Arbor cannot produce reports, but I have seen a demo of such software, but cannot remember the name!

2. sandgrown1

sandgrown1 New commenter

I'm not sure if there is such a piece of software available that can do everything you wanted, there were report writing tools for mainstream schools back when I qualified 10 years ago, but they were quite clinical and impersonal with their comments.

We record almost all our evidence as photographs and we have to produce similar amounts of evidence to you, this is the breakdown for each pupil:
    1 piece of evidence for each strand of literacy, numeracy, science, computing and PSD, and 1 piece of evidence for each foundation subject we teach.

After countless retakes of missed photographs for pupils, my level 3 and I decided to video our evidence and then take screen grabs to use as pictures in the evidence. It is then typed into a simple framework in Publisher along with the target the pupil is working on and annotations linked to the pictures to add more description to the evidence. It is a lot of work, but it helps if you try and do it little and often.

3. CaptJack01

CaptJack01 New commenter

We use 2Simple in EYFS which enables you to take photos, you can write about the experience, tag children and tag the objectives they are working on, I think you can have the option to use National Curriculum objectives as well. You can print off reports for each child, and also have the option to e-mail to parents so they can see their child's progress. However, I have no idea about costs.