1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Toolkit

Discussion in 'Primary' started by elishajeffries, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hi everybody!
    Well, the start date is looming... getting very nervous now.
    I am wanting to make a toolkit for each of the children, to go on their desks. I am going to put a mini whiteboard/pen/rubber in there and I am thinking about a selection of maths help like 100 squares, number lines...
    Has anyone got any other good ideas? Would be good to put some English help in too...
    It's a Y3 class.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. How about a VCOP punctuation triangle? It could be used as a sort of checklist for the children in their writing perhaps.
    Or a list of 'wow' words/connectives that children can add to as they come across and use them in their work?
    You could maybe type up each child's targets and include in the box too? It would be a permanent point of reference for them.
    Just some ideas, I would be interested to read other peoples' suggestions too...!

3. I have 'standard' literacy type toolkits on each table with pencils, coloured pencils, sharpeners, rubbers, 'phonics' sounds grids, topic words, 'try it out' spellings books, handwriting practise books etc. Then I also have Maths toolkits with number squares, number lines, counters, rulers, numdrums, tens/units apparatus etc